ELOS PLUS Photofacial Skin Renewal Reviews
The Syneron ELOS Plus system is the newest version of the award winning technology used to perform Photofacial or IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)skin renewal. Dr. Newman and his trained nurses use this advanced technology to improve a variety of skin conditions. By completing a series of approximately five treatments, you can expect to see gradual fading or lightening of pigmented lesions (freckles, brown, sun, or age spots, melasma etc.) and vascular lesions (spider veins, red spots, telangectasias, rosacea etc.). You may also see textural improvements towards the end of the series (reduced pore size and fine lines).
Schedule of Treatments
Ideally the treatments should be done every three to four weeks. The total number of treatments needed varies and may be as few as two or more than five.
Preparing for your treatments.
- Avoid sun exposure, or use sun protection with a complete sun block containing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.
- If you are deeply tanned you need to wait 4-6 weeks in order to avoid the possibility of hyperpigmentation.
- Stop applying medications to skin or irritating agents to the skin 1-2 days before treatment.
- Skin should be clean without make up, deodorant, perfume, sunscreen etc.
- Wait 2 weeks after peels or injections to have a treatment.
What to do after your treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure to treated area during your series of treatments. If you may be exposed to the sun use a sun block containing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.
- Avoid microdermabrasion, exfoliating or using irritating products such as Retinoids for a few days after treatment.
- Avoid extreme heat to the treatment area.
Possible temporary mild side effects
- Discomfort, warmth or tingling
- Swelling and redness
- Scabbing, crusting or blistering
- Darkening of pigmented lesions before becoming lighter